Responsibilities of clinical supervisors of non-Te Toka Tumai Auckland researchers
It is important that non-Te Toka Tumai Auckland researchers are made aware of the relevant policies and procedures when undertaking research within our organisation.
The role of a research supervisor or clinical partner is to:
- Provide oversight of the researcher/s while they undertake the research within Te Toka Tumai Auckland.
- Be familiar with the research project and are confident in the appropriateness of the study design and methodology.
- Provide adequate information to the researcher/s on the relevant policies and procedures and guidance to ensure those processes are followed.
- Ensure that appropriate ID badges are obtained and confidentiality agreements are signed before the research has begun.
- Make sure that ID badges are returned at the completion of the research.
The steps for obtaining an ID badge and completing a confidentiality agreement:
Obtain the appropriate confidentiality and card and parking permit forms to be completed. (copy and paste into your folder drive on your work computer)
- \\ahsl6\main\GROUPS\INTRANET\HR\Confidentiality Form.doc
- \\ahsl6\main\GROUPS\INTRANET\HR\ID Card & Parking Permit Form.pdf
- Review the screening policy to check for what steps need to be followed for health screening for the researcher. The level of screening depends on the place, level, and extent of patient interaction.
- Complete the appropriate forms.
- The confidentiality agreement needs to be signed by the principal investigator. The researcher needs to make a copy and send to the Research Office. Please write on the form or attach a note which has the A+ (Te Toka Tumai Auckland) number, ethics number or the title of the study.
- The completed ID form needs to be signed off by the relevant Service Manager. This form is then mailed or faxed to HR. HR will then contact the relevant person about how to obtain their ID card.
- At the completion of the research, the researcher/s must return the ID card to the contact, supervisor or clinical partner.