Requesting interpreters - information for GPs
For general practices and their patients
Auckland DHB Interpreter Service is the provider for all Auckland DHB general practices and their patients. Practices can access free interpreting services for all non-English or limited-English speaking patients who are eligible for publicly funded healthcare in New Zealand. However, ACC-funded patients are not included. Telephone interpreting is the preferred medium and interpreters can be used for all consultations except for those involving:
- Consultations taking more than 45 minutes.
- Exercising of powers under the Mental Health Act.
- Sign language interpreting (note this is a different service, see below).
- Collecting a comprehensive health history.
- Discussing complex medical issues.
- Informed consent for surgical procedures and procedures under local anaesthesia.
- Appointments for primary care early interventions such as vaccinations, B4 School Checks, breast screening and retinal screening.
- Appointments for refugee and asylum seeker clients who have been in New Zealand for two years or less.
The interpreter service for GPs and their patients is open from 8am – 4.30pm.
For all enquires and bookings, please phone 09 623 6453, or email: PHIP@adhb.govt.nz
To access telephone interpreting, please call 0800 559 555.