This document is to be reviewed in 12 months (June 2015)
Research Governance Committee terms of reference
Its purpose is to provide the CMO, and Auckland DHB with clinical research strategy and assurance about research safety and probity.
- CMO (chair)
- Chair Research Review Committee
- Chair A+ Trust or designate
- University of Auckland Associate Dean (Research)
- Research Support Services Provider
- Clinical support provider (e.g. radiology, pharmacy, laboratory, clinical records)
- In attendance: Manager Research Office
- Clinical Board
- Hospital Advisory Committee, Auckland DHB
- To provide strategic direction and operational oversight of the academic health alliance research activity.
- To provide assurance to the CMO and in turn, the CEO (via the Clinical Board) and Auckland DHB Board about research regarding: safety, probity, outputs (presentations, publications, grants, patents, collaborations), financial performance, compliance with regulatory framework (ethics, radiation safety, SCOTT,Treaty of Waitangi).
- To oversee the publication of the annual research report.
Monthly whilst in establishment then quarterly.
PA to CMO
Report to Clinical Board quarterly.