Nursing and Midwifery Awards
Nurses and midwives make up the largest part of the professional health workforce at Auckland DHB.
The A+ Trust Nursing and Midwifery Awards are held to recognise the skills and qualities required by nurses and midwives, and celebrate the amazing job they do every day.
We encourage applications for the amazing nurses and midwives who work in Primary Care and Residential Care who serve the Auckland DHB population.
The winners of the individual Nursing and Midwifery Awards are presented at the Annual Awards evening. The date for the 2017 awards is Thursday 11 May.
Awards Criteria and application process
- Primary Care Nursing and Midwifery Award
- Aged Residential Care Nursing Award
Primary Care Award
This award is for an exemplary nurse who meets the following criteria:
- Acknowledged by peers, the primary care team and patients as an excellent nurse.
- Takes the lead in new initiatives and quality improvement activities to achieve equitable outcomes and best practice.
- Works in partnership with the patient and their family to form working relationships with all disciplines to get the support they need to improve their health and independence.
- Works with other providers to improve integration across the whole patient journey.
- Raises the profile and voice of primary health care nursing.
Be employed in the Auckland District Health Board area Primary Care sector.
Aged Residential Care Nursing Award
This will be awarded to a Registered or Enrolled Nurse who is recognised by their peers, patients and patient families as an exemplary nurse that goes above and beyond every day. The nurse demonstrates leadership through a focus on continuous improvement to improve the patient experience, safety and quality of care.
- Acknowledged by peers, patients and families as an excellent nurse.
- Takes the lead in new initiatives and quality improvement activities to achieve best practice and improve the patient experience.
- Works in partnership with the patient and their family to form working relationships to get the support they need to improve their health and independence.
- Raises the profile and voice of aged residential care nursing.
Be employed in a Auckland District Health Board area Aged Residential Care Facility.
The entry rules
The following entry rules are applicable:
- The awards are open to all nurses and midwives at Auckland DHB.
- Applications can be submitted by individuals or teams.
- An individual may be nominated for more than one award if they meet the criteria; a separate application should be submitted for each award.
- Nominations must comply with the entry word limits, entry guidelines and time deadlines. Applications close 10 am on 27 March 2017.
- Information provided in any nomination will be held by Auckland DHB for the purpose of assessing the applications and promoting the awards. In submitting an application, applicants consent to the publication of some or all of the information contained within their application.
The awards are generously supported by the A+ Charitable Trust (external link) .