Health Excellence Awards
The Auckland District Health Board 2016 Health Excellence Awards are open to everyone who provides services for or on behalf of Auckland DHB.
The Awards have been highlighting examples of excellence that make a difference to the health and experience of our patients and community since 2011. They are our way of recognising and celebrating the dedication of our people and inspiring others by sharing excellence around the organisation and with the wider health community.
Applications are assessed by an expert panel of judges.
Finalists are invited to the prestigious awards ceremony on Thursday 1 December where the winners will be revealed.
Who can enter?
Applications are invited from Auckland DHB employees and contractors, primary care organisations, GP practices and NGOs who provide services to the Auckland DHB population that keep our community fit, well and healthy.
Whether you are in a clinical or non-clinical position, you are encouraged to apply for an award in one or more categories.
You can either put your own project forward or nominate another project or initiative that you think is delivering Health Excellence.
How to enter
Please read the Health Excellence Award entry rules and the category criteria before submitting your application.
Please download the Health Excellence Awards application form [DOCX, 28 KB]
Once completed, email your application to email@example.com. The closing date for applications is 5 September 2016.
Applications received after this date will not be considered by the judges.
For the Excellence in Research category you will also need to include a copy of your published research. No other supporting information is required for the other categories.
Health Excellence Awards entry rules
- The Auckland District Health Board Health Excellence Awards are open to all employees of Auckland DHB and those who work with Auckland DHB in the community to support our population to be healthy.
- Entrants may self-nominate or be nominated by another.
- Individuals or teams may enter the Auckland DHB Healthcare Excellence Awards.
- An individual or team may enter more than one category, providing a separate application is prepared for each project, publication or programme.
- Each project, publication or programme must either be active or must have concluded July 2016 or later.
- All applications for the awards must be submitted electronically by 5 September 2016. Applications received after this date will not be considered by the judges.
- All entries for the Research must have been published by July 2016 or later.
- The total word count of your application should not exceed 1500 words. This excludes any tables and images.
- If you are a finalist, the judging panel may ask you to provide further information about your entry. This could take the form of a short presentation, a poster or a video about your entry or some additional questions.
- Information provided in any application will be held by Auckland DHB for the purpose of assessing the applications and promoting the Awards. In submitting an application, applicants consent to the publication of some or all of the information contained within their application.
- All finalists and winners will be photographed for publicity purposes before and during the awards
- Finalists and winners will be asked to take part in a short video that will be used at the awards and for any post publicity about the Awards.
- Applications open: 25 July 2016
- Applications close: 5 September 2016
- Finalists announced: 31 October 2016
- Winners revealed at the awards evening: 1 December 2016
The judging process
Applications will be assessed by a panel of internal and external experts using the published criteria. The judges will choose up to four finalists for each category, this will be announced 31 October 2016.
The finalists may be asked to submit further information to support their application and help the judging panel make their final decision to select a winner. This may be in the form of a presentation.
The winners will be announced at the Health Excellence Awards Function in December 2016.
If you have any questions about the Health Excellence Awards please email firstname.lastname@example.org