Health Excellence Awards
Applications for the 2017 Health Excellence Awards are now closed. Applications for the 2018 Awards will open in July 2018.
The Auckland District Health Board Health Excellence Awards have been in place since 2011 and highlight examples of excellence that make a difference to the health and experience of our patients and community. They are our way of recognising and celebrating the dedication of our people and inspiring others by sharing excellence around the organisation and with the wider health community.
Applications are assessed by an expert panel of judges.
Finalists and winners are invited to the prestigious awards evening to be held November 2018 at The Hilton where the winners will be revealed. The awards evening is made possible with generous support from the A+ Trust (external link) and Starship Foundation (external link) .
If you are taking part in an innovative project or research, that has potential to make a difference to our patients, our community or our people please keep the annual Health Excellence Awards in mind!
Take a look at the criteria below so that you have all of the information at your fingertips when it's time to apply in July!
The award categories are: Excellence in clinical care, Excellence in community health and wellbeing, Excellence in process and systems improvement, Excellence in the workplace, Excellence in research, Living our values awards, Chief Executive Award.
Who can enter?
Applications are invited from Auckland DHB employees and contractors, primary care organisations and GP practices and NGOs who provide services to the Auckland DHB population that keep our community fit, well and healthy.
Whether you are in a clinical or non-clinical position, you are encouraged to apply for an award in one or more of the categories.
You can either put your own project forward or nominate a project or initiative that you know of that delivers Health Excellence.
- Applications open late in July 2018
- Applications close in September 2018 - applications received after this date will not be considered by the judges
- Finalists announced in October 2018
- Winners are revealed at the awards evening in November 2018
How to enter
Please read the entry rules below before submitting your application. Detailed information on the categories, criteria for entry, and category specific application forms founds can be found here.
- The Auckland District Health Board Health Excellence Awards are open to all employees of Auckland DHB and those who work with Auckland DHB in the community to support our population to be healthy.
- Entrants may self-nominate or be nominated by another.
- Individuals or teams may enter the Auckland DHB Healthcare Excellence Awards.
- An individual or team may enter more than one category, providing a separate application is prepared for each project, publication or programme.
- Each project, publication or programme must either be active or must have concluded July 2017 or later.
- All applications for the awards must be submitted electronically by 7 September 2018. Applications received after this date will not be considered by the judges.
- All entries for the Research must have been published by July 2017 or later.
- The total word count of your application should not exceed 2000 words. This excludes any tables and images.
- If you are a finalist, the judging panel may ask you to provide further information about your entry. This could take the form of a short presentation, a poster or a video about your entry or some additional questions.
- Information provided in any application will be held by Auckland DHB for the purpose of assessing the applications and promoting the Awards. In submitting an application, applicants consent to the publication of some or all of the information contained within their application.
- All finalists and winners will be photographed for publicity purposes before and during the awards
- Finalists and winners will be asked to take part in a short video that will be used at the awards and for any post publicity about the Awards.
The judging process
Applications will be assessed by a panel of internal and external experts using the published criteria.
The judges will choose up to four finalists for each category.
The finalists for the Health Excellence Awards 2017 will be announced in October 2018.
The finalists may be asked to submit further information to support their application and help the judging panel make their final decision to select a winner. This may be in the form of a presentation.
The winners will be announced at the Health Excellence Awards evening in November 2018.
If you have a question about the Health Excellence Awards please email email@example.com